"Random Writings in Ridiculous Times"

Thursday, July 5, 2012

The Battle of the Bra.

I got this email from a reader and just HAD to share it with you!! Let's see if we can help a sista out!!! 

Dear Diary of a Fat White Woman,
Seriously, if you do not find humor in this for me I will cryyyyyy!!!!!! EVERY one of my bras has shrunk! I try each one on and I look like I have Big boob and Baby boob poking out of the top!! I tried a Victoria’s secret bra that claims to "hold them up" but I literally could not breathe as they were fighting for space with my double chin!

So I decided to run off and just buy a new bra but do you think I could find one without padding..........NOT!!!!! Well, actually I found a sports bra without any but when I tried it on it mashed my sisters and added 40 pounds to my trunk area!!!

Now seriously I’m touting around a set that size in at a whopping 40 DDDDDDDDDDDD..........do I really need padding?? Is there not enough of me in there already without adding additional width? I’m convinced that all the major bra factories are staffed by flat-chested women who envy us busty girls and retaliate by making our lives miserable by adding padding to everything! Don’t hate me because I’m bigger than you up there!!!

This discussion focuses on my undergarments, but can you just imagine my frustration in attempting to locate bathing suits and tank tops? People look at me as if I’m purposefully creating a scene just to shock people but I’m not!

If anyone knows of a way that I can contain my sisters while also getting through my day comfortably, I’m all ears!! (Actually, I’m not all ears…I’m all boobs…but I digress…)

Help me, that’s all I say........If I cant laugh about this I am truly going to cry!! Please find the humor in my pain...
Signed,
An ACTUAL Fat White Woman!

Dear ACTUAL,
It sounds as if you have a "large" dilemma on your hands (actually...on your chest!) I don't know if going to Victoria Secret (push-up central) is the place I would recommend for someone in your predicament!

First of all, one problem I see is the material being used to make the undergarments. Cotton?? Seriously?? IT SHRINKS!! But what are your options? Maybe other materials would be better options....

Burlap....too heavy and itchy

Silk....slippery! (yeah, you don't need slippery do you?)

Denim....heavy and not real moveable

Ace bandage...it may be tight, unattractive and leave you sweaty but you just may lose a few inches like hey advertise in those "sweat it off" commercials! (ok, bad idea I guess...)

Go without wearing anything....I daresay this is not the right answer based on your email but hey, some people do this and seem to be ok with it!

I'm thinking "spandex!" It's light, flexible, and from those spandex pants I've seen on some women, it pulls everything you've got in (although, I've also seen some with bulging problems!)

Readers....this ones for you....what can you recommend to help Actual gain some relief? Be bold and share your ideas....her dilemma may be your dilemma as well!
Theresa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a random or ridiculous thought for us all to enjoy!!