"Random Writings in Ridiculous Times"

Thursday, July 5, 2012

On those days I feel like dying


Have you ever had one of those days that you were so worn out or weary that you just want to drift off into a forever sleep? Of course, you want to wake up from the sleep eventually but you also want it to last long enough that you are able to restore your energy level to normal levels. Can you relate to this?

Some days I am so worn out that I just want to crawl into that quiet place and enter into a deep hibernation with no predetermined end date or time. I've only experienced this over the past six months or so and although it's not something I feel on a daily basis, it has occurred several times.
I'm speaking of a spiritual weariness, one that comes from feeling a deep burden for the current state of our world.  I watch lukewarm Christians around me, going through the "churchy" motions without any visible signs of fire in them. They attend church, infrequently attend bible studies or church functions and offer donations to causes that won't challenge their wallets. Lukewarm isn't hot and it isn't cold, it's just lukewarm.....this burdens my heart and on some days I don't want to live amongst this.

I've caught myself on occasion praying to God about my time here on earth, how long before I get to return to him and leave this lukewarm world. As my spiritual growth matures, I find myself craving more of him and less of the world around me. I have to remember that he has plans for me here and only he is able to decide when I'm to return to my eternal home. In the meantime, I'm to spend my time in service to things that bring him glory. This is not an easy role to take on as I still must exist in the world around me. I must continue to learn the concept of dying to self in order to live for Christ. I'm thankful that God recognizes my weary times and chooses to lift me up and provide the strength I require to continue on.

I wonder where our sense of urgency went. When did it become "acceptable" to be lukewarm? When did we decide that we were willing to settle for lukewarm? I refuse to buy into this mentality; instead, I choose to live loud for Christ and to jump on to the "sense of urgency train" with other like minded Christians!

Are you coming along? There are always more seats available for those ready to leave the lukewarm world!!
Theresa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a random or ridiculous thought for us all to enjoy!!