"Random Writings in Ridiculous Times"

Thursday, July 5, 2012

Things That Go "Urk" in the Night

I'm not easily annoyed but I'll admit that there are certain things in life that urk me. These "urking" items don't necessarily have a pernicious effect on me but they do send me to the edge of unpleasantness if I allow them.

Urk #1: Lazy people
We all need and deserve some down time every now and again but seriously, get off your dupah {butt} and help out every once in a while! If you see someone who is in need of a helping hand and you’re only using yours to eat Cheetos, wipe it off and extend it out. I'm not calling anyone out....if you're reading this and getting urked yourself, you're probably one of the lazy ones. You might want to think about that.

Urk #2: Q-tips
I detest q-tips and all they stand for. Right alongside my disdain for these furry, creepy white things is my disapproval of wooden chopsticks, dish soap and rubber coated items. It's a texture thing I guess, these items give me goose bumps and if presented to me in the wrong way can even make me nauseous. I may seek professional counseling for this one.

Urk#3: Men with ear hair
Can we please purchase tweezers and help a man out?? You can't turn your head and eyeballs in a way that you can see the forest growing inside of your ear  which means someone else needs to step in and offer a helping hand (See available people in urk #1 regarding this). I know, it's a part of life and God obviously meant for hair to grow there for some reason but he also gave someone the intelligence to create tweezers and let's be honest, ear hair and tweezers work nicely together.

I know I'm sounding a bit shallow at this point and you're probably sitting there reading this, saying to yourself "I bet she's got some major flaws and quirks that urk others as well" and you would be speaking correctly. I'm no white dove, and I know that I have behaviors and mannerisms that throw other people off, {some I'll even admit are intentional just because I can and I get bored}. We all have them, and we're all urkers.

Today, you will probably urk someone off and you'll probably be urked as well. I guess that makes it "Urk Thursday", if it qualifies as a holiday and a day off, I'm in.
Theresa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a random or ridiculous thought for us all to enjoy!!