"Random Writings in Ridiculous Times"

Thursday, July 5, 2012

Is My Conduct Worthy?

Our ladies bible study is working through a study on Philippians right now. Week two has been pretty convicting for me (Philippians 1:27-28). "Whatever happens, conduct yourselves in a manner worthy of the gospel of Christ. Then, whether I come and see you or only hear about you in my absence, I will know that you stand firm in one spirit, contending as one man for the faith of the gospel 28without being frightened in any way by those who oppose you. This is a sign to them that they will be destroyed, but that you will be saved—and that by God."

Am I conducting myself in all that I do in a manner that is worthy? Every action, every word, every deed, even every thought.....am I worthy? I think back to yesterday and all those who I interacted with. Was I an example of Christ-like behavior in all that I said, and all that I did? Unfortunately, I'm embarrassed to say, I fell short of the mark, once again. Several opportunities were passed by that offered me the chance to display Christian behavior, my sinful nature choosing to be less encouraging than I could have been. How did my actions impact another’s life? What did they walk away thinking about my example?

For those times that Christ shown through me, I thank God for His intercession and pray for more of these opportunities. I've got to press on, recognizing that I'm not the expert, nor am I the one who has all the answers. My worldly responses aren't going to benefit anyone if they are not centered on Christ. I've got to continue to grow and to seek forgiveness when I step in front of God's purpose, blocking him blocks all possibility of gaining wisdom and becoming more worthy.

Today is new, opportunities to conduct myself in a manner worthy of the gospel of Christ stand before me.....my prayer is for God to help me stand down to my ways in order for him to do his work through me.
Theresa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a random or ridiculous thought for us all to enjoy!!