"Random Writings in Ridiculous Times"

Thursday, July 5, 2012

Is Unemployment A Funk?

I guess for some, the answer to this question would be a resounding yes! But for me, it's really a "No!" Thursday ended a 4 1/2 year experience with my company as I fell victim to the slump in the real estate market. I think we need to come up with a better way of laying people off......Don't get me wrong, the HR person who had the honors did so with incredible class and professionalism. I hope the company knows the value he brings to the organization and holds on to him!!

I think a nice lunch, some flowers and an hours worth of accolades prior to dropping the bomb would be better received......I know, for many, they just want to go into the cold conference room, hear the speech on how times are tough and it's such a terrible thing but "your position is being eliminated."

Not me!! tell me what I accomplished! Tell me how I brought value to the team and because of that value, the company is a better place. Write me a letter of recommendation that would impress any other company looking to secure a talented person.......Maybe I should open a consulting company that teaches people a "new way" of delivering the news......

"Up or out"....that's what an incredible wonderful person told me. Well, I didn't go up so the out is going to have to work for me........

The days ahead should reveal where the "out" leads to.....I hope you follow along....
Until next time!
Theresa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a random or ridiculous thought for us all to enjoy!!