"Random Writings in Ridiculous Times"

Thursday, July 5, 2012

I'm Just One Of Many.........

    It's amazing how quickly the days pass, seasons change and time flies by! We're approaching the Christmas season, heading into a new Year and it seems like just yesterday that I was rising early to go to work every day. I'm reaching the five month mark for being unemployed and it's starting to really set in that myself and so many others are facing a challenging new year in the world of employment.

More amazing is how the changes in my life have impacted my outlook on who I am as a professional, wife, mother, and now...a grandmother! Friends share with me their own life chapters, some similar to my own and explain the impact of maturity in regards to our outlook on things. They're right of course, as we mature, we see things differently, we rationalize at a whole new {and improved!} level, and we start to recognize the hands of time taking on a whole new sense of urgency. I'm not getting any younger! This isn't a negative thing, I don't fear getting older, rather, I see a greater need, and desire to recognize my prioritize and to give them their needed, and deserved attention.

My faith has grown and matured as well, from a cloud high view, I look down over the past few years and recognize with great happiness all that god has done for me. It's no longer important how much money a job pays, rather, what service am I able to provide and do I contribute value? I'm finally comfortable and accepting of the fact that where I am placed for employment purposes will be a place that is part of God's plan and it's up to me to grab it by the neck and feast on its offerings! It's not about the money {my children squirm when I say this!} I finally get that it's not about the money. It's about working hard, using my talents and skills and being a blessing to others. 

God will take care of the little details and we're going to be ok.......

A sweet friend recently told me to "be a blessing and God will provide." It seems pretty simple doesn't it? I think it's eloquent and fantastic! I'm glad I'm mature enough to finally get this!
Theresa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a random or ridiculous thought for us all to enjoy!!