"Random Writings in Ridiculous Times"

Thursday, July 5, 2012

Brother to Brother

I was on facebook tonight browsing all the different posts and comments as I hadn't been on all day {hey...a lot happens on facebook inRyan pica day!! hehe}
I came across a post from my 16 year old Son Ryan and had one of those proud mom moments! Ryan has taken an interest in writing poetry and song lyrics, he is very expressive and is really coming along in his talent. Ryan is my "thinker" child, he loves to ponder things, wonder about things and question why things are they way they are.

I love his curiosity and inquisitive nature. He is going to be a senior next year and is thinking about pursuing a degree in education or psychology. My little man is growing up so fast!!

Ryan posted this poem on facebook, I'm going to assume he'll be ok with me sharing it. Ryan's poem is written to his brother (my son) Anthony, who was nicknamed "Ampy." You've probably read some things about him on my blog from time to time. Ampy passed away in 1995 in a persistent vegetative state. Ryan was very young when Anthony died but he knows all about his big brother and how wonderful he was. now all these years later, Ryan is remembering Ampy in his own way through his poem:

Never had the chance to talk
Never had the chance to take a walk
We couldn't do what normal siblings do
But that doesn't mean I don't love you
We share a bond that most don't have
...It is something that words can't explain
I wish you were here to share this life with me
To help me with my pain and strife
But though you aren't with me
I believe God meant this to be
I know there is a reason behind everything
But I would do anything
To have my own brother back
So even though we aren't here together
You will have a place in my heart forever
I bet you're in heaven helping me along
Watching all my rights and wrongs
And one day I will be there
It will be you and me
Until then, you'll be in my heart forever
My dear Ampy

Written by Ryan, 16 years old

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a random or ridiculous thought for us all to enjoy!!