"Random Writings in Ridiculous Times"

Thursday, July 5, 2012

When We Believe What The Words Are Saying

John Whittier wrote "God is. And all is well." Quite a large statement for so few words don't you think? I like to take quotes such as this and use them in my work but there's more to it than just that. I like to understand their meaning as I find it important to be able to take words and make them applicable to my own life whenever I can. For this quote, the words weren't very difficult to understand, simple in their meaning, yet the message the words are sending is enormous....if we let it be.

I've recently found myself at a place where I need to trust in God and take a risk. He is calling me to do something that is risky, scary and way outside of my comfort zone.  As I step out in faith, I'm learning that this requires a need to walk out the plan God has for my life, whether it makes sense to me or not and whether I agree or not. That's where these words, for me, have the most meaning. "God is. And all is Well."

My faith is such that the "God is" part is not hard to grasp and believe. God is in everything we do, leading us to new opportunities and providing support during the time it takes to get us there. "All is well."....Now there's a tough one to swallow. When I first read this quote, I separated the phrases, feeling that they had two messages but they really don't. Because God is, we can rest in the knowledge that he is in control. Does the quote say "it's going to be easy....sit back and relax, things will come together"? No, it doesn't say that. But it does offer a simple promise that because God is involved, it will all work out.....in his time. I've got to do the leg work, being wise to the choices I make and open to new opportunities, even if there is some fear with this. In the end, as part of God's plan for my life, what I do can be used for God's glory.

"God is. And all is well." I can understand this, feel it and yes, believe it. After all, it's worked out up to this point just as God planned hasn't it?
Theresa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a random or ridiculous thought for us all to enjoy!!