"Random Writings in Ridiculous Times"

Thursday, July 5, 2012

Wanted....Faithful For Enlarged Territories

A few years ago a mighty wave rolled through many churches, its ripple effect was felt by many who were open to hearing its message. Do you remember hearing about the prayer of Jabez? 1 Chronicles 4:10 was a prayer offered up to God from a humble man named Jabez “Oh, that you would bless me and enlarge my territory! Let your hand be with me, and keep me from harm so that I will be free from pain.”
I listened as others spoke about the impact this verse had on their lives. Prayer1 They were willing to step out in faith, asking God to use them for whatever he desired and then walked in faith to the plan he delivered. How incredibly awesome is that?? Are you one of those people? Did you pray this prayer and then follow God’s answer in faith?
Others, fell to the sidelines, claiming “it’s not the right time” or, “I’m not the one God wants to use for this.” How devastating to know that fear took ahold of these people and the opportunity to demonstrate faithfulness was not recognized!
Each time I hear someone state that they desire to be used by God, to bePrayer2 an instrument for him I get so excited! So many people have awesome stories to tell of how Christ came into their lives and transformed them, charging them up to walk in faith obediently doing what God called them to do. For some, their energy may only last for a while and then slowly, over time a fizzle happens and their once seen passion is replaced by human reasoning to “put things on the back burner, if only for a little while.”  
God isn’t a “back burner” kind of God!!! He’s today…in your face……get busy and do it now!!! You might have until tomorrow but what about the person you were meant to impact today? What if they have no tomorrow? Can you live with that? And who are we to know what the next tomorrow will bring? Or, for that matter, the next second?
Each of us have been called to action, purposely appointed to do a good work in the name of Christ! God didn’t give vacation options or the ability to pass on his work... it’sPrayer3 now or never! The question is, are you faithful or fearful?
Come on….I dare you….pray the prayer of Jabez and then trust in God to enlarge your territory in a mighty way!! God would never bring something into your life that he didn’t believe you were capable of doing would he? Of course he wouldn’t!!
So what about me.....I prayed this prayer and have stepped up in faith to follow God's plan in my life {I'm under construction but desire continued growth!}. I work at a phenomenal church that is growing and shaping me into the person God intends for me to be. I have also recently joined on with a very special cause called "God's Hope Chest for Babies." {{More to come on this!!}} I feel God is preparing me to teach and am ready to get busy when he determines the time is right!
To be saved is to be a part of God’s surfing team!! Pray for an enlarged territory and then brace yourself…..the wave will come and you’ve been designated to catch a ride!
Hope you enjoy! Until next time
Theresa

Photographs by Stephen Bivens Photos

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a random or ridiculous thought for us all to enjoy!!