"Random Writings in Ridiculous Times"

Thursday, July 5, 2012

Dear Cancer Patient

I shared this card and letter on my other blog and wanted to share it here as well. 

My card this week was a purposeful one, as I had previously decided that I was going to create something that would tie in to Breast Cancer Awareness month. You’re probably looking at the “Get Well” sentiment and wondering “how does that tie into it?”
Let me explain the purpose of my card and why I chose to create it……
Getwell1
This “Get Well” card was made for all those who are fighting the battle of Breast Cancer. There would be no way for me to create and mail each of you a card (I would if I could), so please accept my “virtual” card and this letter….it was created just for you…..
Dear Cancer Patient,
We may know each other, or maybe not. We may live in the same town, or GetWellribbonthousands of miles apart. I may have walked the halls of the hospital where you were getting your chemotherapy, your radiation or your mastectomy, or, I may not even know the name of the facility or hospital you have been treated in.
We may know each other, or maybe not. Maybe we have sat side by side at the hairdressers; me getting a “new duo” and you getting a new hair piece. We may have shopped in the same department store, me for a new glitzy style, or you for a smaller size dress because you lost so much weight.
We may know each other, or maybe not. It's possible that we both attended church on Sunday, praying to God about our life struggles, asking Him to send an extra dose of love our way. I’m sure our struggles are quite different...yours being much greater than mine.
We may know each other, or maybe not. We may have cried, each with our own families…..me, because I was frustrated with how my life was going, and you, because you were Getwellflowersfrustrated with how your life was going…..obviously our frustrations are quite different, yours are obviously much greater than mine.
We may know each other, or maybe not. I wish I could meet you, talk with you, shake your hand, give you a hug, cry with you, wipe your tears and fight your disease right alongside you. I wish I could stop at your home or work or hospital room one day and tell you I had the cure and you were going to “Get Well”. I can’t tell you I have a cure because I don't and because I probably don’t know you, I can’t do any of these other things either. I’m sorry for this…..I truly am.
We may know each other, or maybe not. But for today, what I can do is offer you this card and letter, and tell you that it is sent from my heart. I may not know you, but with this card comes a prayer, from me to you; it was prayed especially for you because I want you to “Get Well”.
Please be strong, and Getwellcloseup on those days when you can’t be, just know that I pray for your strength to one day return. Also know that myself and many others may not know you but we do care about you and we want you to “Get Well.” You are fearfully and wonderfully made and for that, I thank God for the opportunity to pray for you and to send you this card and letter.
By sending you this card, and you accepting it, along with this letter, I’d like to think that you are also accepting my prayers and my friendship. Through this heartfelt “Get Well”, from me to you…….now we know each other and that feels good to me.
My special new friend…..Get Well…….
Theresa
Pink-ribbonP.S. If you know of someone who should receive my card and this letter that were made especially for them, would you pass it along and tell them I'm glad we have met?
 For additional information, or to become involved with Breast Cancer Awareness Month, please visit the Susan G. Komen Foundation

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a random or ridiculous thought for us all to enjoy!!