"Random Writings in Ridiculous Times"

Thursday, July 5, 2012

A Planted Seed Revealed

How amazing it is when a seed that was planted is revealed! I'm not talking about flowers or veggies in a garden, rather, of seeds that are much more mighty and spectacular! God loves to see his saints planting seeds; he waters them, nurtures them and in his perfect plan reveals them to us in so many wonderful ways!

I beautiful lady told me a story yesterday of a seed she planted several years ago that was recently revealed. I wanted to share this story with you with the hope and prayer that you too will see how God’s work can be accomplished through the planting of our seeds!

Bobbie was a lunch room worker at Folsom Elementary School in the Tampa, Florida area a few years back. Folsom is a tough school, many of the children come from difficult situations, their lives exposed to things such as abuse, drugs and broken families. As you may know, these wounded children come to school and much of what they live on the outside of school is brought into the classroom, as well as into the lunchroom.

Bobbie is a beautiful Christian woman who worked in the lunchroom, making sure that the children were fed in an environment that was clean and safe. She shared with me that every morning she would wash down the tables and chairs before lunchtime and that while she washed each sitting space, she prayed for the children who would be occupying the seats. I can visualize her walking along, running her cloth across the chairs, sending her requests to God for each child with great concern and compassion. Bobbie told me about how tough her job was, and how many of the kids were unkind to her. Day after day she washed and prayed for the children, and day after day, some of them treated her with disrespect and harsh words, yet she remained steadfast in prayer and faith.

Bobbie left the school a few years ago, I can only imagine how tough her job was, I don’t think anyone would look down on her decision to leave after all that she endured. Bobbie attends Bay Life Church which is where my family attends; she also participates in the ladies bible study I attend on Thursday mornings at the church. I’ve come to know Bobbie and to see Christ working through her. Little did I know that the seeds of prayer she planted would impact my own family!

The reason Bobbie shared this story with me is because she saw me walking out of church last week with our daughter Jessica and she recognized her. Yes! Jessica was one of the children that Bobbie prayed for while working in the lunch room at Folsom Elementary! Jessica became a part of our family several years ago through foster care and adoption. Her entry into our family was planned by God and Bobbie’s prayers for Jessica were watered, nurtured and revealed!
We all need to plant seeds through our actions and our prayers. Jessica and our family has reaped what was sowed by Bobbie and others who planted seeds of prayer. Imagine how mighty our God is to bless us through the faithfulness of others such as Bobbie!  We are called to be prayer warriors, diligent and faithful with our requests. When we pray, God will hear our requests and will grant favor to those we pray for.

I thank God for people like Bobbie, who pray for children like Jessica and continue on in faith, knowing that God will do a mighty work in them!! I shared Bobbie's story at the dinner table last night and was so happy when Jessica let us know that she was aware of who I was speaking about. What an incredible opportunity to share with our children the importance of prayer and faithfulness! I can only imagine how Jessica felt, knowing that she was prayed for, well before she became a part of our forever family!

Have you seen planted seeds revealed? Please share them by leaving a comment!  
Theresa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a random or ridiculous thought for us all to enjoy!!